Friday, December 16, 2011

This one is for Landon

> Subject: The First Woman President
>
> The year is 2036 and the United States has just elected the first woman
> as President of the United States.
> A few days after the election, the president-elect calls her father in
> North Dakota and asks, "So, Dad, I assume you will be coming to my
> inauguration?"
> "I don't think so. It's a long drive; your mom isn't as young as she
> used to be, we'll have the dog with us, and my arthritis is acting up
> in my knee."
> "Don't worry about it, Dad, I'll send Air Force One or another support
> aircraft to pick you up and take you home, and a limousine will pick
> you up at your door," she said.
>
> "I don't know. Everybody will be so fancy. What would your mother wear?"
> "Oh, Dad," she replied, "I'll make sure she has a wonderful gown
> custom-made by one of the best designers in New York."
> "Honey," Dad complained, "You know we can't eat those rich foods you
> and your friends like to eat."
> The President-elect responded, "Don't worry, Dad. The entire affair is
> going to be handled by the best caterer in D.C. and I'll ensure your
> meals are salt-free. Dad, I really want you to come."
>
> So her parents reluctantly agreed, and on January 20, 2037, arrived to
> see their daughter sworn in as President of the United States.
>
> The parents of the new President are seated in the front row. The
> President's dad notices a senator sitting next to him and leans over
> and whispers, "You see that woman over there with her hand on the
> Bible, becoming President of the United States?"
> The Senator whispered in reply, "Yes I do."
>
> Dad says proudly, "Her brother played football for the Bison!"

No comments: