Tuesday, September 25, 2012

UPDATE FROM PATTI

Thought I'd better post something here, just in case someone is out there and still reading it in their leisure time.


Things have been busy (hectic) here.  Mary came home after a couple of months in South Sudan to inform us she was going back for at least 9 months.  So in a very short period of time, we moved her out of her apartment and sent her off.  She will get a leave every 3 months to come home or travel.

Anna started her first teaching job in the town of Big Lake.  It is about 40 miles west of the Cities.  So we packed her up and moved her to an apartment in Albertsville.  Audrey, you heard right, she lives across the freeway from the outlet mall, And yes she will let Terry use the apartment to watch TV while you shop.  That is whenever you get this way!

Frank's mom decided she wanted to live in a Senior Housing Apartment, so we moved her into a very nice apartment.  Still have shopping to do for some furnishings, but so far she's settling in.

John is on the third leg of the hiring process for a police job, so we are all holding our breath and crossing our fingers. 

Joe is still Joe.

Frank and I are going to Chicago this weekend to watch the Ryder Cup.  We are taking the train to Chicago on Friday, Staying in the Downtown area, watching golf for two days, then fly back on Monday morning.  I'm looking forward to it as it should be fun an interesting.

It was a good summer at the lake, but as always the season goes by to quickly.  I wish you all would look at your schedules for next year and plan a trip.  The paddle board was a big addition, however I never got very good at it, I prefer sitting in a boat.  Frank and I spent last weekend taking two boats out and removing the covers from the lifts.  With any luck, we will still have at least one more pontoon ride to look at the tree colors from the lake.

Frank, John, and Joe are talking about going out to North Dakota hunting in early November.  I don't know the details but will keep you informed of plans.

I won't appologize for not posting more often, because I think we are all waiting to see some pictures of Jake's trip to Alaska!

Hope all is well with everyone!

Love
Patti

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update sounds like you have all been busy! So are you & Frank planning a trip to visit Mary it would be your perfect chance? Good luck to Anna I hope she loves the new job and to John I will keep my fingers crossed. You told me Joe was bartending I agree bartending school would be a good idea. For me my morning free time is now riding the train but I will try & get some picture posted.
Love to all
Jake

Anonymous said...

As you can see my leisure time is limited, I just got around to checking in. Sounds like you are a busy bunch Mary I know you really seem to enjoy your time in Africa and I hope you know our prayers are with you. Anna - congrats on the job I know you will be a super teacher. John - keep us posted on your job hunt and Joe - I have a feeling that you make one hell of a bartender - you have the personality for it and can't wait to hear your stories. Let me know about the hunting - I have two beds remember but even if you decide not to stay here we would like to get to see you guys.
Kathy