Sunday, September 22, 2013

Step Out and Walk- Diabetes

All-
We hope everyone is doing well as we begin the transition to fall.  Everyone at the Smith house is doing very good.  I think Jillian is growing faster each day and Rhett is 2 going on 20.  Shantelle has been busy with work and grad school and Chuck and I just stand back and try not to get run over.  It was a very busy summer and I do not expect the fall to be any different.  I've attached some pictures below of both of them.

One thing that kept Rhett, Shantelle and I have very busy was how active we were the past year with the American Diabetes Association.  I have spoken at a handful of events this year on how diabetes has had an impact on Rhett and our family.  We have spoken to families with young children recently diagnosed to share our experience and let them know everything will be alright even though it can be very overwhelming.  We have both been active with the board planning the fundraising walk in October.  And next Thursday, the 26th, Rhett and I have the privilege of taping the TV and radio ads for the ADA that will be run the entire month of October leading up to the event. 

The event I am talking about takes place on October 26th.  That date is the day our family, along with other family members and friends will walk for Team Rhett in the Step Out to Walk Diabetes event.  Last year, we found out about the event a week before and still had the 5th highest team total.  This was due to help from all of our family and friends.  This year, my competitive side is running the team and 5th place is not going to be good enough.  In order for us to reach this goal we have to reach out to everyone we know.  Diabetes is something that has impacted everyone in the Morey family and if possible, we would appreciate a donation towards our team that helps raise awareness and works to help find a cure.  Any amount is appreciated and anyone is welcome to come walk with us the day of the event.  If you are able to donate, the link below will take you to Rhett's homepage.


We hope everyone is doing well and we hope to see everyone soon.
Love, Lee, Shantelle, Rhett and Jillian




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lee it was great to see pictures both the kids are getting big and yes I am sure they keep you busy! I just happened to check the blog this morning and was excited to see a posting. I wish we could be there to walk with everyone, you will be in my thoughts. Hi to everyone! Love Jake