Monday, September 10, 2007

OOP's forgot another!!

Well, I got a call from aunt Lucille today and she was wondering if I knew what September 1st was.Of course by this time I knew I should , but I didn't. It was aunt Mary Remacles 95th birthday. She said Mary had commented last week that she was surprised she hadn't heard from North Dakota, and today when Lucille was over there she asked if she had heard from any of us and Mary just said - no but there mom is gone. How true. I did know her birthday was in September and thought the other day I should look it up, and didn't. If anyone wants to send a card her address is 303 E SD Hiway 34, Howard, SD 57349. Lucille said Mary is doing good except for her hearing. At the party on Sunday she had a pad of paper so people could write. She says even when she goes over to visit lately she has to write more than ever before.

Also Lucille said - Tommy Remacle had a couple strokes, apparently he is doing better. They got him to Souix Falls and they figured he had had about 4 strokes. He was in the hospital a week or more and they took his cigarettes away right away and he can not drive. Lucille was not sure exactly when this happened, but he was at Bob & Christies for the birthday party and she said he seemed okay. I guess he goes to therapy for speech & apparently his arm. She said Bob was driving to Pick City & driving him to therapy. He goes to Souix Falls September 24th for follow-up appointment.

I asked how Bob & Karen were doing. She said it was Bob Johnston's 60th birthday on September 2nd. She said they are struggling, but getting along. Last week the golf course had a scramble to raise money for Laurie & Taylor and apparently ran a morning & afternoon tournament and filled both. Don & Joyce and I think she said Rich was there too.

--Posted by Kathy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the update! I'll be sure to get a card & note off for Aunt Mary. (Probably have to mail out all the OTHER birthday cards I've missed, too....this could be a long process :-) )