Sunday, November 11, 2007

Trip to South Dakota

Thought I'd post about Frank's and my trip to South Dakota, before I forget most of it!
We went out Thursday, Frank dropped me off in Howard and he went on to Pierre to hunt.

Karen's dad had died earlier last week and the funeral was Thursday so I was able to see, Bob, Karen, Travis, Rich, Laurie (Todd's significant other) and Taylor (Todd's daughter). I stayed with Bob and Christy.

Lucile, Corlyn and Mary are all fine. I had lunch with Corlyn both Friday and Saturday and visited with Mary for a couple hours each day. Mary's hearing has gotten worse and most have to write while they visit. For some reason, she could understand me and we both enjoyed ourselves.

Tom is said to be doing OK. Guess he was out to hunt the opener, but hasn't been back since. They of course all worry about him being out at his place alone.

Corlyn was able to get around more this summer, thanks to his motor chair. Even made it down to the bar some evenings for a drink. That makes a huge difference when he can get out and about. Of course it's hard on him to think about winter coming.

Lucile keeps her routine of being with Corlyn most of the day, and then back home late afternoon. She had a week's stay in the hospital, but seems to be doing fine now.

Bob and Karen are hanging-in-there, but it is definately hard.

Was brought up-to-date on all their family members and other relatives, and nothing major to report.

Frank had a great time hunting. Everyone got their limit each day and the weather was perfect.

We came back late Saturday night.

Patti

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear everyone in SD is doing OK - I'm sure they enjoyed your visit. To bad about Karen's dad - one more thing for them to deal with.

Tell Frank that Scott is still wondering where his one bird is!

I'll talk to you soon

Love Jake