Thursday, July 24, 2008

I wish I could be there

Hello to everyone. I hope this message finds its way to all of you. Mom gave me instructions on how to do this over the phone, so I hope I do it right. I was just reading up on everyone and I am very sad that I can not make it for the reunion. Fargo is keeping me very busy, and I don't get much time off from work. For those of you that don't know I became the bar manager at the Sidestreet where I have been working the past 4 years. Now my bosses can get me to do all of their work whenever they want. I do love it though, and everyone has been real great while I learn all the management duties. Tori has gotten pretty comfortable with the idea of me being his boss...it definitely makes home life more interesting.

We are both doing well, trying to enjoy the summer while we can. We recently had our first big home renovation project. Tori bought a house a couple years ago, shortly before I moved in. It is an older house and needs a little bit of a face lift. However, Tori thought it would be better if our first project was one that would help get us outside when we do get days off. So we decided to build a deck. Tori's sister and her husband have a deck and fence building company so they took on our project. With it being a family business, we got the family discount on labor costs, but also get put aside when they have other projects. Its been a couple weeks in the making but it is getting closer to done everyday. I included some pictures cause I know m0m has been waiting to see what we have done. If anyone finds themselves in Fargo, you are more then welcome to stop by. We would be more than happy to grill you up something (since the grill made its way to the deck before it was even done!!).

I hope this message finds you all well. I hope the vacation is a good one for all of you, I can't really see it being anything but. I wish Tori and I could be there...maybe next year. I love you and miss you all.

Traci









4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Traci & Tori -- The deck looks terrific. It was really quite a project. I know you guys will really love it out there. I can't wait to see it when we come through there, Mom

Anonymous said...

Traci & Tori:
I like the deck. It is good to know you two are keeping busy. We will miss you at the cabin, but I want you to know you have a standing invitation, any time. Fargo is not that far.

Best of all, you are now officially a blogger, so you can keep all of us up-to-date on things in your lives.

Love you,

Patti

Anonymous said...

The deck looks good -- enjoy it! We LOVE spending as much time outside in the evenings as we can. We'll miss you at the lake, but we'll look for you next time!

Morey Family News said...

Traci,

We will miss getting to see you and Tori at the cabin. The deck looks awesome...great first home improvement project. We hope to get to see you soon. Keep posting on the blog.

Love,
Kelli