Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Information from Watertown

Hello - I am sorry I did not call each of you but I didn't have time. I got a call from Dick Bell today and he told me that Cleo had past away. The funeral is tomorrow February 10th in Watertown. I know the last time I had talked to Barb she had told me Cleo was battling cancer for a while already. I also got an e-mail from DeeDee - she wanted to make sure we had heard. In her e-mail she said Velma's birthday is the 20th of this month. She said her and Roger were going to try to make it to Clark for that. Dick said he is doing pretty good considering. I don't know if you all get a Christmas card from them or not but he had his leg amputated last year. He really seems in good spirits. Cathy had said in the letter at Christmas he would be looking at a new leg later this year, but it sounds like he is doing pretty good.

Well don't really have any other information except the sale of the bar failed so we are still bar owners. That's okay - we will just keep plugging along.

2 comments:

Patti said...

Sorry to hear about the bar. I will mention this to Frank, as bad as his job is lately, running a bar in Dickinson might appeal to him!?

Susan Lynn said...

Patti -- It would be a really LONG commute from here to your cabin :-)

Kathy -- thank you for sharing this information. I remember visiting Cleo and Barb once in Watertown. That was a long time ago...