Friday, April 2, 2010

Roger's Surgery

Hi, everyone! I know my dad isn't good about letting people know what's going on -- he had surgery today in Bismarck. He's had a LOT of shoulder pain and it was getting worse and worse, so he finally broke down and went to the doctor (you can imagine how bad it had to get for THAT to happen). They determined he had a torn rotator cuff and set up surgery. He went to stay with Jerrett on Thursday night, braved the blizzard that happened in Bismarck/Mandan today to get to the hospital, and had outpatient surgery. The surgery itself went well, but the doctors discovered that not only was the rotator cuff torn in a couple of places, but the muscle was completely detached from the bone. While they were in there reattaching and mending, they also removed a couple of bone spurs and took care of some arthritis....I don't know the real details -- just passing on what Jerrett told me that the surgeon told him.

Jerrett called tonight to say that things had gone fine. Dad was still a bit groggy, so I didn't talk to him. He'll be staying with Jerrett for a night or two, then he's going to go to Flasher for a while. I offered to let him stay at our house -- not sure why he didn't think recovering in a house with 3 children sounded like a relaxing idea...

He'll have to take things easy for quite a while -- recovery will take well into summer, but he was very ready to get some relief from the constant pain.

If anything changes, I'll let you know. We'll just pray for quick healing -- and for a PATIENT patient! Sorry I didn't think to let everyone know sooner.

Happy Easter and Love to you all!

Susan Lynn

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Susan Lynn - Thanks for the update. I happened to talk to your dad on Thursday so knew he was going in, but not much else. Tell him I am glad he got it done and hopefully will help with the pain, etc.
Kathy