Sunday, May 22, 2011

From Minnesota

Jake is right, the blog has been too quiet, and we all know I'm usually not the quiet type.  As the rest of you, we have all been busy here.  With the cold (yet to come) Spring, we are behind in getting the cabin ready for the season.  The new pontoon is in the water, "Mom's Dinghy" is parked waiting to be cleaned and launched, and the Ski boat needs to be picked up from storage.

Mary returns today from two weeks in Africa.  She was in a much safer location this time, but I'm sure she will have many stories to share.  John is on a quick trip this weekend to Colorado Springs to apply for a Police job there.  I guess they are hiring about 30 officers.  Anna is fast approaching the end of her Graduate Degree.  She'll have one last student-teaching assignment in the Fall and be finished in November.  Joe sticks his head in now and then to let me know he is still alive, well, and busy.  Things for Frank are starting to rebound at work, so he continues to be busy, but with more positive work. 

We are all excited about the reunion.  Kathy, Mary, and Audrey, if you three would, talk and figure out what things we need for food and how we should go about handling it.  I can't talk for Jake, but since I won't have access to a kitchen, to show off my cooking skills, The Dutke's will have to contribute those things which need to be purchased.  However, you will have to decide how much of meat and buns we'll need and probably order in advance.  Let me know, and I can send you a check if needed.

Landon, we were all happy to hear of your engagement.  Rob, I received a copy of the DSU newsletter and saw your picture taken in China.  We are all interested in hearing about your trip.

Love to everyone!
Patti

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that the Dutke's are all doing well! You are right Spring is here and lots of new things to do that keeps us all busy! Yes, Kathy or Mary let me know if I should send a check now. I am excited that it is getting close!
See you soon and Love to all!
Jake