Sunday, March 22, 2009

Lucile Update

I just got off the phone with Kathy, and thought I'd better give everyone else an update. Joyce called yesterday. Lucile came through the surgery fine, but has since experienced about three mini stokes. They had hoped to take her home last week, but looks like she won't be released until early this week and then to the nursing home. This is the same one that Corlyn is at. Not sure yet how Lucile will take it, but they think once she is there, it will be alright. She probably won't have to stay longer than a couple of weeks, but this will give the staff a chance to monitor her and make sure she is able to be at home. Joyce say's Corlyn is doing fine and Karen will know more, later this week, if they have to do any chemo. Karen opted to start the re-construction process immediately, so she still has a lot ahead of her.

I'll keep you all informed if I hear more. I told Joyce that I could drive over once Lucile is situated.

PS Frank and Rick went to the North Dakota Game. They were very impressed!

Love,

Patti

No comments: