Saturday, July 28, 2007

Caught the "Big One"

Hope everybody is doing well. Jerrett and I started out the week by finally going to Lake Sakakwea to do some fishing. The only thing we caught that day was a great sunrise.

On Tuesday, Arron, my nephew, and I drove to Grand Forks to see Nickelback in concert. It was awesome. That was the first concert my nephew had been to, I think he was a little disappointed that we weren't on the floor, but I told him that isn't all it's cracked up to be. We drove home after the concert, it turned into a very long drive, especially since the boys were supposed to keep me awake.

Needless to say, they did not stay awake, thank goodness for sunflower seeds!!

On Friday, Arron and I ventured taking the boat up to the Lake, without Jerrett. This is the first time that just the two of us have done this. All went well, and we had perfect weather. There was no wind, whatsoever, so it made loading the boat on the trailer a piece of cake. We only caught one fish that day, but it was a big one!!! I actually caught the fish, but Arron used his expert netting skills to actually get it in the boat.

I'm so excited here, because I don't actually have to touch the fish.

Well, that's our week in a nutshell, hope everybody is enjoying their summer. Todd and Trista, hope Trae is doing good and keep the pictures coming.

--Posted by Cheryl

3 comments:

Kevin Moberg said...

Nice sunrise pic! As a regular reader of "Pensive? No, Just Thinking," you know, of course, how fond I am of beautiful ND nature pics! And is that Boston's in front of which you and the boys are posing in GF? And how was Nickelback?

Anonymous said...

Just had to comment on the fish - looks great! We have had good luck fishing this summer but we don't have any pictures to prove it - Kelli even caught her 1st fish on one of our booze cruise's as she calls them.

Love ya Jake

Anna said...

Awesome catch Cheryl! We have only caught a few pan fish this year that I take and feed the eagle at work. But lately it has only been fish the size my mom is holding, so either the population is down or we just stink at fishing:) Sounds like you are having a great summer!