Saturday, July 14, 2007

Long time reader, first time blogger

I'm finally using this blog, unfortunately, I'm at work right now so I can't post any pictures, yet. Hope everybody is doing well. Since Lee's wedding our lives have been rather busy. Jerrett had to work 6 nights in a row, with 24 hours off before working 3 days. Today, Arron and him did a little fishing, with only one northern pike caught, maybe they will have better luck next time.

I celebrated the 4th this year by attending the annual "Party on the Prairie", which features the Johnny Holmes Band. It's right by our house, so every year we walk over, after having a few drinks. There they have a cash bar, where we mingle and see old acquaintances, jam to the music, and have an all around good time. On the 4th, Arron and I attended the Parade, which was long and boring, but it's a nice time to visit with family and friends that we sit by. That night we went to my brother's house to shoot off fireworks, watch area fireworks, then ate s'mores by the fire before calling it a night.

I also spent a few short days in Minneapolis this week to visit a friend and her two month old baby. We had a good time, leaving baby with dad to spend a day shopping. I had great luck finding clothes for myself, and that made it extra fun.

Now it's back to work for me, working four night shifts. It allows me to catch up on my reading, tough, huh?

--Posted by Cheryl

1 comment:

Anna said...

Hey Cheryl,
You had asked about my camera so I thought I would respond to you here. I have a Canon PowerShot A710. My mom has the higher tech camera: Canon EOS Digital Rebel XTi.
My camera has a great zoom, is quick to take the photo and also has the stabilizer option which prevents the pictures from blurring. I just got it in March and it works great.

We learned about both our cameras from the reviews on this website:
http://www.imaging-resource.com/DIGCAM01.HTM

We were told to watch Dave's Picks (link to this is on the left hand side of the main page)

It has reviews, photo examples and is really good at getting the pros and cons of each camera.

With so many out there, it's a hard choice which to buy. Let me know if you have any questions!! Good luck!