Monday, December 10, 2007

Third time's a charm, there's not a snowballs chance in ...

As you all know, Arron successfully passed his driving test in August. He then was givin a '93 Purple Ford Taurus,






After driving that for a month or two, the head gaskets started leaking and the car was stalling from time to time. Needless to say, it would have cost more to fix than it was worth. Sooooo, Jerrett and I started car shopping, finding a Malibu for Jerrett to drive back and forth to work, and giving Arron our '98 pontiac Grand Am (Jerrett's old work car).







After driving this car, oh for about a week, Arron drove over a BIG rock on the way home from work one evening, in turn taking out the oil pan, and basically locking up the engine. So back to car shopping!!!! This time we figured that we tried giving Arron vehicles and it's time to buy his own. After a few days of shopping around and test driving numerous vehicles I decided on a 2000 Oldsmobile Intrigue.



So, I'm hoping that this car will last at least through Arron's college years, I'm keeping my fingers crossed.


Arron also attended Snowball this weekend, here he is with his date, Ashlee.


Both my boys went deer hunting this year, Jerrett did get his doe. Arron, unfortunately, did not fill his deer tags, maybe next year.

Hope everybody is doing well, we are just about done Christmas shopping, what a nice feeling. We are having Christmas with my family next Sunday, the 16th, so I had to get on the ball.

Can't wait to hear how about everybody's Christmas'

--posted by Cheryl

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Arron -- congratulations on your car! It is no "Myrtle the blue Turtle" (anyone else remember Grandpa Morey's 1976 blue Chevy Impala????) but I hope it serves you well!

Cheryl -- I'm jealous. I'm NOT even close to being done with my shopping. That is very unusual for me -- I'd better get going!

Anonymous said...

Wow you guys don't have as much luck with cars either... We always joke that in our household it is constantly a game of "Last Car Standing."

And I really hope you guys have more snow then that on the ground. We have at least a foot here, with the lakes already frozen over.