Saturday, March 12, 2011

Just an Update

Hi to Everyone!  Since I was the one with the brilliant idea of each family posting so we could bring this blog back to life, I decided I'd better get with it!

Overall things are good here.  Jonathan took a week off and went to Salt Lake City to see all of his friends there but mostly just to ride his snowmobile, which he did everyday!  He had a great time and of course loved every minute!

Kelli and JJ are busy picking everything for the new house; it is really coming along and will be beautiful when done!  The drywall and texture are all done, so Scott is teaching JJ the technique of laying hardwood floor.  I think he is enjoying it and seems to be getting the hang of running the nailer.  Kynnedi is getting bigger every day; she is always on the go (exactly like Kelli was) and talks all the time! Her favorite saying right now is, "I do it".  It has been so nice here; we have already been able to go to the park, and she loves the slides.

As for myself it wasn't such a good week.  The bank has been having problems for a while, and we had gone under an FDIC consent order at the first of the year; so I know now I should have been more proactive, but on Wednesday--after 12 years of working for them--I was laid off!  They actually laid off 21 people that day!  I just feel they should have gone by seniority, but that wasn't the case--so, yes, I will have to start job hunting, but we all know that is NO fun!

But spring is definitely coming here in Colorado, so that has been great!  I can't wait for this March Madness to get started; Scott is feeling lucky since he won first place in the football pool this year.

Love to everyone - see you all in June!
Jake

2 comments:

Kathy said...

Jake - I am so sorry to hear about your job - but it will all turn out -you just wait and see. Wish we were cloer so I could just give you a big hug - you will just have to consider yourself hugged. Hang in there!!!

Love Kathy

Susan Lynn said...

Thank you for the update Jake. So sorry to hear about your job -- we'll keep you in our prayers and know that something wonderful will come along soon!