Sunday, August 26, 2007

Here are the latest pictures of the cabin construction. Work and volunteering at camp has kept me away from it during August, however everyone else has been spending quite a bit of time up there and seems to enjoy the results of the remodeling process. We're all hoping to make it up for Labor Day weekend to mark the end of summer so I'll be sure to take more photos of the work.

My week of camp was a blast. Despite the 100 degree weather for the first few days, and the rainy weather for the last, a good time was had by all.


Hope everyone is enjoying the last few weeks of summer. I'm looking forward to my senior year, with classes such as canoeing and sports ethics (I know, tough courses) to keep me entertained as I wrap up my requirements for graduation. I know, college life can be tough:)



New Siding


Old basement window....


New basement window

Built in loft beds... work in progress (we're thinking of changing the design as it currently only sleeps 2 small children, which at the moment we don't need sleeping space for.

Support beam on upper right is what supported the whole cabin and it is resting on only one of the boards....

New inside siding... kitchen is on the left but is currently empty until new cabinets arrive

Bay window with new siding

--Posted by Anna

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's looking good -- can't wait to see the finished product in person :-) Any family reunion plans in the works for northern Wisconsin?

Anna said...

I believe there just may be one in the works for next summer. The best time of summer up there is end of July, beginning of August so my guess is it will fall somewhere in there. I'll leave the planning to my mom, so you can pester her about it:)